A Cat of Tindalos

A Cat of Tindalos

Thursday, November 10, 2016

listen: there's a hell of a good universe next door; let's go

I feel the need to post a notice to my readers. This is my blog and it expresses my thoughts and feelings.
So no apologies for the anti-Trump craziness, that is from an honest place and place of real despair. I have lost my father this year, a beloved cat has disappeared. I am caring for my mother who is dying very , very slowly to be honest. I started writing my "Dungeon Starters" while my father was having chemo treatments in the hospital before he died. So I'm pretty prone to despair anyway and this whole "Dungeon World" business has been about my sharing my geekish glee about the hobby and maybe reconnecting a bit with the happier elements of my childhood. It is many things but it is oddly enough my little candle in the darkness against despair sometimes. I have others: two wonderful friends who have stuck with me since high school and my sister and her family. I am so much more fortunate than many others but I confess to be prone to black moods and unforgivable self-pity.

I have always been a political junkie and I have never intended to hide who I was or the things I believed in or whether I liked the last Star Trek film (Awesome!). People are free to disagree. However, this site is basically about Dungeon World and will be in the future. I find myself needing to open that door and play there more and more as the world seems darker to me. Anybody who wants to play to is invited. As e.e. cummings said...

 'pity this busy monster, manunkind'


pity this busy monster, manunkind,

not. Progress is a comfortable disease:
your victim (death and life safely beyond)

plays with the bigness of his littleness
--- electrons deify one razorblade
into a mountainrange; lenses extend
unwish through curving wherewhen till unwish
returns on its unself.
                          A world of made
is not a world of born --- pity poor flesh

and trees, poor stars and stones, but never this
fine specimen of hypermagical

ultraomnipotence. We doctors know

a hopeless case if --- listen: there's a hell
of a good universe next door; let's go

E. E. Cummings





No comments:

Post a Comment